Birmingham’s Enterprise Zones – mutually benefiting the country, businesses and people
- Snow Hill District
- Southern Gateway
- Digbeth Creative Quarter
- Birmingham Science Park Aston
- Jewellery Quarter
As one of the major projects in the UK, the Enterprise Zone (EZ) brings a lot to Birmingham:
- Creating 40,000 new jobs
- An additional £2 billion to the economy
- The creation of 1.3 million square meters of floorspace
- Improved commuter infrastructure
Birmingham Investment Opportunities
The EZ focuses on creating a sustainable future economy, which relies heavily on having a city work force that also contribute to the economy. Birmingham anticipates new businesses entering the market, as well as the expansion of existing businesses. The projected increase in workforce presents the opportunity to create new housing to service the needs of the growing professional population. Prosperity have identified certain areas in the EZ which are perfect for residential development:
Bradford House is located in the Southern Gateway district of the EZ, an area identified by the council as mixed-use development opportunity. Prosperity plan on creating a 7-storey, 49 unit apartment block, with a commercial unit on the ground floor. The development is due to complete in Q4 of 2018, and is one of the prime areas being developed as part of the Big City Plan. With the help of CrowdLords Investors, two investment options for Bradford House have already been funded.
Our Interim Equity option is still available, and produces a total return of 30% over a two year investment term.
Kent House is located, on the fringes of the Southern Gateway EZ. A you can see from the map above, it is quite centrally located, and is closest to Birmingham’s China Town, a popular area for international students studying in one of Birmingham’s universities.
CrowdLords currently has Full Equity and Interim Equity investment options available.
Severn House is located between two EZ, Arena Central and Southern Gateway. This centrally located property will benefit from the new transport infrastructure, making it an ideal for city living. It is also within a stone’s throw from the Mailbox. The development will include the build of 35 luxury apartments, and is planned to be delivered in Q1 of 2019. This development has been funded with the help of
CrowdLords investors. Click here to learn more about this development.
Edward Street is another recent investment which was partially funded by CrowdLords Investors. The property is in close proximity to the University College Birmingham, Newhall Square, Paradise Circus and St George’s Urban Village Enterprise Zones. This property is currently being developed as planned, and will deliver 58 high-spec apartments in Q2 of 2018.
To learn more about this investment, please click here. Prosperity have many more development coming up, and plan on exploiting the Enterprise Zones while the Big City plan is still in it’s early stages, in the mean time, visit CrowdLords today for investment opportunities.
- IFISAs change what the word "savings" means in the UK
- Frequently Asked Questions: What is an IFISA?
- Meet the Developer
- IFISA at the heart of UK property lending product change
- Crowdfunding and P2P Lending - Vive La Différence!
- Is this the year alternative finance goes mainstream?
- Crowdfunding, a game changer
- Crowdfunding marks the fall
- How do you choose an investment
- The Common Questions investors are Asking About the IFISA
- Investing in Developments - Understanding the risks and the rewards
- Why invest in Birmingham
- How do you decide which investment is best for you?
- The differences between Interim Equity and Full Equity
- Top 5 Myths and Truths about Property Crowdfunding
- A Closer Look at Due Diligence in Property Crowdfunding
- Introduction to ISAs
- Understanding the Capital Stack
- UK Leads the Way in Alternative Finance
- Co-investing in a central Birmingham residential development