Birmingham’s Enterprise Zones – mutually benefiting the country, businesses and people
- Snow Hill District
- Southern Gateway
- Digbeth Creative Quarter
- Birmingham Science Park Aston
- Jewellery Quarter
As one of the major projects in the UK, the Enterprise Zone (EZ) brings a lot to Birmingham:
- Creating 40,000 new jobs
- An additional £2 billion to the economy
- The creation of 1.3 million square meters of floorspace
- Improved commuter infrastructure
Birmingham Investment Opportunities
The EZ focuses on creating a sustainable future economy, which relies heavily on having a city work force that also contribute to the economy. Birmingham anticipates new businesses entering the market, as well as the expansion of existing businesses. The projected increase in workforce presents the opportunity to create new housing to service the needs of the growing professional population. Prosperity have identified certain areas in the EZ which are perfect for residential development:
Bradford House is located in the Southern Gateway district of the EZ, an area identified by the council as mixed-use development opportunity. Prosperity plan on creating a 7-storey, 49 unit apartment block, with a commercial unit on the ground floor. The development is due to complete in Q4 of 2018, and is one of the prime areas being developed as part of the Big City Plan. With the help of CrowdLords Investors, two investment options for Bradford House have already been funded.
Our Interim Equity option is still available, and produces a total return of 30% over a two year investment term.
Kent House is located, on the fringes of the Southern Gateway EZ. A you can see from the map above, it is quite centrally located, and is closest to Birmingham’s China Town, a popular area for international students studying in one of Birmingham’s universities.
CrowdLords currently has Full Equity and Interim Equity investment options available.
Severn House is located between two EZ, Arena Central and Southern Gateway. This centrally located property will benefit from the new transport infrastructure, making it an ideal for city living. It is also within a stone’s throw from the Mailbox. The development will include the build of 35 luxury apartments, and is planned to be delivered in Q1 of 2019. This development has been funded with the help of
CrowdLords investors. Click here to learn more about this development.
Edward Street is another recent investment which was partially funded by CrowdLords Investors. The property is in close proximity to the University College Birmingham, Newhall Square, Paradise Circus and St George’s Urban Village Enterprise Zones. This property is currently being developed as planned, and will deliver 58 high-spec apartments in Q2 of 2018.
To learn more about this investment, please click here. Prosperity have many more development coming up, and plan on exploiting the Enterprise Zones while the Big City plan is still in it’s early stages, in the mean time, visit CrowdLords today for investment opportunities.
- Is post-war property a good investment?
- Can post-coronavirus unused office space resolve a nation's housing crisis?
- Are you an optimist or a pessimist in Property Crowdfunding?
- Need a hand with puzzling alternative finance jargon?
- Seven myths and one truth about Property Crowdfunding
- Understanding Loan to Value (LTV) - Part II
- Understanding Loan to Value (LTV) - Part I
- Construction workers given the green light to work despite the Coronavirus pandemic
- Is Coronavirus likely to slow down growth in the UK's property market?
- How the decline of UK's High Streets is opening the way for UK property developers
- Who should you turn to for investment advice before Property Crowdfunding?
- Is property crowdfunding a viable way to get onto the property ladder these days?
- The importance of liquidity in your investment portfolio
- FCA guidance changes ring in the new year
- Gender stereotypes in Alternative Finance; are women playing catch-up?
- How does CrowdLords compare?
- Brighton Road - Meet the Developer
- Property Crowdfunding; A Global Appeal for UK Platforms?
- Does the future of Property Crowdfunding lie in the hands of Millennials?
- Meet the Developer - Jo Hagan (5 Mentmore Terrace)