Why Get Excited for High Street Retail
A while ago we asked our investors what types of properties they were interested in, and popular responses included standard Buy-to-Lets, Residential Conversions & Developments and Commercial Property.
We understand that commercial property can be very lucrative – as long as all the variables align in your favour. Commercial property opportunities, in prime locations, are few and far between, as they are generally classed as a safe investment provided they have the right tenant at the right time.Fortunately for CrowdLords investors, we have partnered with a team that know more about commercial property than most people will ever know and their first offering for co-investment on CrowdLords is a demonstration of their knowledge.
The property is located in Durham City Centre, smack-bang in the middle of the high street (hence the name High Street Retail), surrounded by banks, restaurants and fashion outlets. This area of the city is a ‘hot spot’ for the students and staff at the illustrious Durham University (currently ranked 5th to 6th in the UK out of 100 universities), as well as the 65,000+ inhabitants and over 3 million tourists that visit Durham each year.
Doug Hardman and Richard Macdonald, the Asset Managers from PEVAM, presented a webinar about the High Street Retail investment, detailing the property, the tenant, business strategy and the potential gains for investors.
Who is the tenant?
If you have listened to the webinar, then you will know that the Tenant for this property is one of the UK’s most popular bakers - Greggs. This FTSE200 company has been around since 1939 and now has over 1,600 outlets, generating annual revenues of over £835m. Click here to learn more about Greggs.
Is there a Business Plan?
Pevam have developed a conservative business plan to support the investment. It explains the different plans based on different scenarios, the commercial lease terms, the cash flow, and everything else you should consider before investing in a property like this.
Is this investment for you?
If you are comfortable investing in residential property but would like to extend your portfolio to include Prime High Street Retail, then this might be a good opportunity. Or, if you’re unsure about where the Buy-to-let market is going, and feel the returns available from developments do not justify the risks, then you might like the security that comes with a well-vetted tenant on a long lease, a great location with a captive audience and a conservative business plan, then this investment might be for you also.
If you still need convincing, or would like to know more, feel free to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are genuinely interested in being a shareholder in a High Street Retail investment, register your interest now!
- Understanding the difference between "first charge" and "second charge"
- Comparing IFISAs with Cash ISAs, what are the main differences?
- IFISAs change what the word "savings" means in the UK
- Frequently Asked Questions: What is an IFISA?
- Meet the Developer
- IFISA at the heart of UK property lending product change
- Crowdfunding and P2P Lending - Vive La Différence!
- Is this the year alternative finance goes mainstream?
- Crowdfunding, a game changer
- Crowdfunding marks the fall
- How do you choose an investment
- The Common Questions investors are Asking About the IFISA
- Investing in Developments - Understanding the risks and the rewards
- Why invest in Birmingham
- How do you decide which investment is best for you?
- The differences between Interim Equity and Full Equity
- Top 5 Myths and Truths about Property Crowdfunding
- A Closer Look at Due Diligence in Property Crowdfunding
- Introduction to ISAs
- Understanding the Capital Stack