Are landlords really that bad?
I have recently been conducting a lot of online research to find out as much as I can about landlords, to help me with CrowdLords, my new business venture. However, what I’ve read has been quite a shock. I always knew that landlords had a bad image but what I’ve found has been quite surprising. As a landlord myself I can’t help but think the public opinion serves a real injustice to most landlords.
Ok, I am sure there are some landlords who fit the stereotypes. Greedy. Selfish. Uncompromising. But surely those are personal traits, rather than requirements of being a landlord.
And on top of that landlords are being blamed for shutting young people out of home-ownership. It is becoming harder and harder to obtain a mortgage so I understand the frustrations. And what it really highlights is that there is a real need to get more people on the property ladder in some way.
And this is part of what we are trying to achieve with CrowdLords. More people should be able to benefit from Buy-to-let by becoming a landlord or by investing in Buy-to-let properties. At the moment it’s not an option that’s considered and we want to open up the Buy-to-let market to more people.
And by opening up the Buy-to-let market to more people hopefully we'll start changing the way people see landlords!
Have a further read of Richard Blanco's "The Evil Landlord;" highlighting the injustice of UK landlords in the media.
- FCA guidance changes ring in the new year
- Gender stereotypes in Alternative Finance; are women playing catch-up?
- How does CrowdLords compare?
- Brighton Road - Meet the Developer
- Property Crowdfunding; A Global Appeal for UK Platforms?
- Does the future of Property Crowdfunding lie in the hands of Millennials?
- Meet the Developer - Jo Hagan (5 Mentmore Terrace)
- Need a hand with puzzling alternative finance jargon?
- Property crowdfunding in the wake of no-deal Brexit
- The processes of due diligence in property crowdfunding
- Just how safe is property investment?
- CrowdLords CEO, Richard Bush takes us back to basics
- Here To Help You
- LandLords and the 20th Century
- Stripping British Landlords of their Big Bad Wolf stereotype
- Get your foot on the property ladder with Equity Crowdfunding
- Private Landlords - help or hindrance?
- If Buy-to-let is that easy, why aren't more people doing it?
- Are landlords really that bad?
- Are pensioners taking over the buy-to-let market?