Stripping British Landlords of their Big Bad Wolf stereotype
It is fair to say that landlords have had their fair share of bashing over the years.
In today’s society the persona of a landlord has been stereotyped as the big bad wolf; dodging taxes, exploiting the deposit protection scheme, neglecting their properties and their tenants’ rights.
The article written by the Telegraph on former Boots boss, using buy-to-let as a way of replacing her salary; received very mixed reviews from its readers (all of which can be viewed along with the article at the link below). Some accuse her of being a greedy landlord, denying our youth the chance of buying property and with a lack of respect for her tenant’s well-being. The public’s opinion is a very powerful tool in shaping the reputation of our UK landlords, one that should not be ignored.
Therefore, being tarred by the same brush, it makes you question who would want to be a landlord? But at CrowdLords, we believe that if we could change the balance and involve everybody in buy-to-let then everyone could benefit.
We believe it’s time to alter the big bad wolf stereotype that British landlords have been branded with, and provide the ability for a new breed of British landlord to thrive.
Click here to read the full article from the Telegraph.
- FCA guidance changes ring in the new year
- Gender stereotypes in Alternative Finance; are women playing catch-up?
- How does CrowdLords compare?
- Brighton Road - Meet the Developer
- Property Crowdfunding; A Global Appeal for UK Platforms?
- Does the future of Property Crowdfunding lie in the hands of Millennials?
- Meet the Developer - Jo Hagan (5 Mentmore Terrace)
- Need a hand with puzzling alternative finance jargon?
- Property crowdfunding in the wake of no-deal Brexit
- The processes of due diligence in property crowdfunding
- Just how safe is property investment?
- CrowdLords CEO, Richard Bush takes us back to basics
- Here To Help You
- LandLords and the 20th Century
- Stripping British Landlords of their Big Bad Wolf stereotype
- Get your foot on the property ladder with Equity Crowdfunding
- Private Landlords - help or hindrance?
- If Buy-to-let is that easy, why aren't more people doing it?
- Are landlords really that bad?
- Are pensioners taking over the buy-to-let market?