Why invest in Birmingham
We've mentioned in the past the opportunities available in Birmingham, not only for property investors; but for businesses (new and old); the residents; and for the country as a whole. The Big City Plan is one of the worlds most exciting regeneration projects and we invite you to consider investing in CrowdLords' newest investment in the UK's second largest city.
We've listed some of the key projects happening in Birmingham City, and there's more still to come
Birmingham has seen a spike in population in recent years, in fact the population has grown by around 100,000 between 2006 and 2016.
House Price Growth
Birmingham has seen a growth in house prices of 7.5% over the last 12 months compared to 1.8% in London. With lower house prices than in London and with a healthy supply, Birmingham is a place worth considering for investment.
The Paradise Development
One of the most ambitious projects undertaken in Birmingham City Centre, Paradise is a £700m project which includes 1.8m sq ft of Grade A office space; the Library of Birmingham; Birmingham Symphony Hall; The ICC; and PwC's new headquarters.
HS2 High Speed Trains
Travel between major cities in the UK will be revolutionised for commuters and holiday-makers alike and one of the main stops is Birmingham's Curzon Street Station. The trains will rival the Japanese Bullet trains making this a game changer in British transport.
Commonwealth Games 2022
Birmingham has been selected to host the Commonwealth Games which will be the UK's largest sporting event since the London Olympics in 2012. The games are projected to boost the UK economy by £750m.
- Is post-war property a good investment?
- Can post-coronavirus unused office space resolve a nation's housing crisis?
- Are you an optimist or a pessimist in Property Crowdfunding?
- Need a hand with puzzling alternative finance jargon?
- Seven myths and one truth about Property Crowdfunding
- Understanding Loan to Value (LTV) - Part II
- Understanding Loan to Value (LTV) - Part I
- Construction workers given the green light to work despite the Coronavirus pandemic
- Is Coronavirus likely to slow down growth in the UK's property market?
- How the decline of UK's High Streets is opening the way for UK property developers
- Who should you turn to for investment advice before Property Crowdfunding?
- Is property crowdfunding a viable way to get onto the property ladder these days?
- The importance of liquidity in your investment portfolio
- FCA guidance changes ring in the new year
- Gender stereotypes in Alternative Finance; are women playing catch-up?
- How does CrowdLords compare?
- Brighton Road - Meet the Developer
- Property Crowdfunding; A Global Appeal for UK Platforms?
- Does the future of Property Crowdfunding lie in the hands of Millennials?
- Meet the Developer - Jo Hagan (5 Mentmore Terrace)